Worrying Too Much About Anything.
Hi! I have never been to a psychiatrist and never took any medication or anything. I just want to ask if what is really wrong about me.
I'm a thinker. I think a lot and worry about almost anything. For example, news on t.v. about wars or bombing or disaster makes me sad. I think and worry about life, my future and even death. I worry about my husband, his health and safety each day. I'm afraid of being alone someday and getting old and nobody to take care of me.
I am a very religious person, I'm Catholic, and I worry about how can I do good to please God? I've been alone all day at home for years. I spend most of my time reading, watching t.v.,doing computers, cleaning the house, cooking, baking and gardening.
I feel like my head is going to explode. I want my brain to calm down and relax a bit. I do not watch many sad events on t.v., anymore. I sleep with a little light in my room because I'm afraid about having bad dreams and when I open my eyes it's dark. Is something wrong with me or is it just normal to feel this way.
Please help. Regards, Gina
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.