Medicine Doesn't Work Anymore
I have been diagnosed with major depression about 7 years ago. the doctor put me on Prozac and that has seemed to help me. later he changed the medication to Paxil and I've been on that medicine for 2 years now. all along the therapy I've had months where I felt good and then I had a sudden depression and the doctor had to temporarily increase the dosage. Now however I've been feeling OK for approximately 1.5 years and just recently I started experiencing severe depression again along with periods of panic and anxiety, worry, and fear. my doctor increased my dosage again but I'm still not feeling fine. I wonder what guidance you can give me on this subject.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.