I'm Going Crazy
I'm a 26 year old female who feels like I am going crazy. Sometimes I have so much anger in me for no reason. It lasts for days. Then sometimes I have so many good ideals about my future but I can never stick to my plans. Still at other times I can hardly do anything. I sometimes have panic attacks. I can't take meds because I have convinced myself I am allergic to them all. I was molested when I was young. I have been a drug addict but have been clean five years. I have a good husband. He must really love me given some of the stuff he deals with. I day dream about all of the bad things that could happen such as my husband cheating, my kids and him dying in a car wreck. I have been through every imaginable bad thing that could happen. I have a really high IQ, but sometimes I feel so stupid I can't even spell, yet at other times I amaze myself. I know you can't diagnose me, but could you give me something it could possibly be? I am not suicidal (I forgot to add that). Also I am hypochondriac. I feel my body does weird stuff such as heart attacks ,tingling, pain, but when I go to the Dr. they can't find anything. Also when they give me antibiotics I won't take them. I also want sex all the time. If my husband doesn't want it I feel like he doesn't love me. Please help!!!!!!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.