Do I have a mental health problem?
Im 18 years old, and I really hate life. For tha last two years, i cant really think of anything great happening. every day now, my mood seems to change in instants. sometimes it happens 10 times a day, sometimes never. the most common of the moods i feel are fear, anger, but mostly depression. I have considered suicide in the past, but i have never let these feelings bet get the best of me. It feels as if im fighting something. I feel like i\'m sure theres something wrong, and that if i try hard enough, i can control it. The moods seem to be triggered to bad events. After something happens, i\'ll get mad, then scared, then depressed, sometimes i can rationalize it, and i end up feeling better. I rarely end up feeling happy, but it does happen. I also have difficult time concentrating at work. Please help me to find out what I can do so solve this problem.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.