The Golden Crescent Area Information Center maintains current information on health and human care services available in the 7 county area that includes Calhoun, DeWitt, Goliad, Gonzales, Jackson, Lavaca, and Victoria counties. The Directory also contains hundreds of state and national resources.
The Golden Crescent Resource Directory is now available online! You may search for services by keywords, programs, or agencies. Use the menu tabs provided to change search methods or to access other features. Services can also be searched by geographic area such as zip code, city, or county.
The Crossroads chapter of the military veteran peer network is a program that assists Veterans and family members facing the many challenges of life after the military. There are currently programs for counseling, camaraderie, fun, training, and assistance navigating resources and benefits.
We also partner with local veteran groups, businesses, and entities willing to sponsor events.
• Group and one on one peer led counseling
• Linking Veterans and family members with local, state, and federal benefits the are
• Job placement, rental assistance, and other resource referrals
• Jail outreach and mentorship program
• Plans local monthly events for Veterans and their families
• Training for Veterans and family members looking to volunteer
• Help military veterans transition away from life in the military and help integrate into the community
The Military Veteran Peer Networks’ (MVPN) mission is to establish camaraderie and trust among veteran peers, identifying and vetting community resources and, collectively, contributing to the communities where we live.
Services offered to all Veterans and family members within Gulf Bend’s seven county catchment area (Refugio, Lavaca, Dewitt, Goliad, Victoria, Jackson, and Calhoun).
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor or would like more information about services available to Veterans contact the Veteran Support Services:
Veteran Support Services
If you are experiencing a crisis, please contact the Veterans Crisis Hotline: 800.273.8255
Please click on the icon below to visit the link to the Military Veteran Peer Network and Veteran's Portal:
Contact the Texas Youth & Runaway Hotline anytime, day or night to discuss your problem, it's free and we're here to help!
· Text: 512-872-5777
· Chat: TexasYouth.orgExternal Link
· Call: 1-800-989-6884
Find answers to these and other questions:
- I ran away from home, where can I find help?
- I want to leave home, can I move out without my parents' permission?
- What should I do if my child doesn't come home?
- My child's friend needs a place to stay, can they stay at my house?
Volunteer advocates are dedicated to helping you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to listen and help you consider your choices and develop a sensible solution.